January 2, 2011

8/365

Today we went back to New York and put away all our Christmas stuff.  I wrapped up the lights into a ball and shot some photos before they went back in the box.  Christmas light balls make for some nice pictures.


I also bought three big picture frames to hang over the couch.  I {we} need to figure out what we would want to be framed in a 16 x 20 version!

After a nice long week off from work, it's back to the grind tomorrow.
Ugh.

One last thing before I go to watch Brothers and Sisters.  I got a letter today from the Rocky Mountain School of Photography. I requested information from them once, and they send me stuff all the time now.  This passage is in the most recent letter I received.

"Photography is a way to record memories - to savor times when words just don't do justice.  It is also a way to see the world - to notice the beauty in people and plants, animals and sunsets. My camera comes with me everywhere, and day after day I'm inspired by the relationships to place and people it instills.  Yes, inspiration is subjective, but most photographers I've worked with agree that the surest way to it is through the lens of their camera."
Here are two shots from New Years Eve that I love and I think really fit well with what "Neil" from RMSP wrote to me.



xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment