January 6, 2011

9, 10, 11, 12/365

So, I know I have been slacking a little on the blogging...but not on the picture taking{which is the important part anyway}!  I have been feeling sick this week, which has not helped my motivation and creativity for this project.

Day 9/365: Hello Rockefeller.
After work on Monday I had to go return stuff for Jaime in Rockefeller Center.  I work a few blocks away and have avoided going there the whole holiday season because of the tourists.  I made one exception when my coworker Christen and I make the schlep to the Real Simple Pop Up store.  Sometimes I love working in midtown, nestled between Times Square and Rockefeller Center, however from Thanksgiving until New Years, it reminds me of this.
On Monday the vibe in Rock Center was much quieter.  I think those 2 feet of snow really scared all the tourists away.  While I was there I wanted to get a tree picture, but I didn't want a typical one like I have from every year, so instead I walked to the other side of the plaza and got a shot of the tree all the way in the background. I really like the way it turned out.


Day 10/365: Blue Flame 
This picture doesn't really have a story.  I just snapped it while I was making some eggs for dinner.  :)


Day 11/365: Trash is still piled up after the Snowpocolypse
The news isn't joking when they say that New York is buried in garbage.  They said that garbage removal has resumed, but it does not appear that way on our street! As if NY doesn't smell bad enough already. yuck.


Day 12/365: Sunlight
So I stayed home from work today because I was sick.  :(  I spent all day in bed/on the couch and am still feeling pretty miserable.  At one point the sunlight woke me up.  If you have been to my apartment, you know that we have one window which faces another building, and we get about 30 minutes of direct sunlight in a day {a small price to pay for living in the greatest city}.  I pulled out one of my letterpress J note cards and placed it next to the window in the light. I love how you can almost feel the texture of the card in this picture! Letterpress really does make me happy. 


I'll get better at blogging. xoxo
Jess



0 comments:

Post a Comment