February 15, 2011

48, 49, 50, 51, 52/365

Happy {day after} Valentine's Day everyone!


48/365: iPhoneography Planner
If I were going to create a "my favorite things" list, Moleskin notebooks would definitely be on it!  As I have probably mentioned, I am somewhat obsessed with all things stationery and office supply related.  Moleskin notebooks just make me happy. When I discovered their planners two years ago, I wondered how I ever lived without them.  As much as a technology "early adopter" as I am {Phil Dunphy anyone?}...there is something about writing down plans and lists and reminders that makes me just really happy inside.  


49/365: Balls
From my new shelving unit.   :)
I like the way this looks with the shadow...and how it's super crisp on the top and bottom.

50/365: Broccoli!
Mmm...mmm.
So... photography-wise this was kind of funny.  I took like 15 pictures of this broccoli trying to get the lighting right.  I may have mentioned five or ten times how bad the lighting is in my apartment and it makes taking indoor shots a nightmare. The flash on the camera is often too bright to be useful for close-up indoor pictures...so I improvised by placing a white piece of paper on the flash.  This lit up the frame just enough to get a decent amount of light on the plate so I could polish it up in photoshop.  I think this is what I need.

 51/365: MetLife
On my way home from work on Monday I stopped by the Grand Central Market to pick up some fresh food for dinner.  The sky has been beautifully blue the last two days, so I stopped to take a picture of the MetLife building against the darkening sky.  I couldn't hold the camera still enough to get a sharp shot, so I leaned my arm against the wall of another building.  When I looked in the viewfinder I happened to see the reflection and loved it.

52/365: Billy Elliot Blue
The blue sky really got me again tonight, so I snapped a few shots before getting on the subway after work.  It's always so nice because I walk west when I leave work, so I can see the different colors from the sun setting. I tried to get all the shades of blue sky in the frame, but I had to hold the camera in a weird direction.  It turns out I liked this angle the best!



That's all for tonight.
xoxo
Jess

0 comments:

Post a Comment