December 26, 2010

Hello.

Here it goes.  Jessica Haley's first blog post! I'm starting this blog to document my 365 day project - which I hope will help launch me into something much greater as a photographer.  The basic idea of 365 is to take one picture everyday and post it. I've followed photographers who are in various stages of this and they all agree that you learn a lot throughout the process.  By combining the 365 project and some photography classes at the NYU School of Continuing and Professional Studies I hope to be a much better photographer by the end of 2011...and maybe one day make some money a career out of it.


I'm really excited to start this project...so I'm starting with two pictures.  I was going to wait until the first of the year, but I took off from work this week and might as well start now!


I took this picture las night before I went to bed, but since it was after midnight I can still count it toward today's picture.  I took it because A. Santa got me an awesome remote for my camera {a Nikon D40 that I bought for myself about two years ago} and I played with it all day and B. Santa got me the awesome bow on my head and I felt that it needed to have adequate photo coverage throughout the day.



I've been having a lot of fun taking Christmas pictures with a bokeh effect. I really love it!! And for my final call out to Santa...he also brought me a great new lens for Christmas which I used for both of these pictures :) 

I hope you all enjoy following me throughout the year. I'll be back tomorrow! 
xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment